Coolr is a new breed of digital agency, bringing together big agency thinking with the speed and agility of a social publishing platform. Founded in 2017 by Adam Clyne, formerly EMEA Digital Chief at Weber Shandwick and Chief Operating Officer at LADbible, Coolr is on a mission to reinvent water cooler moments for the digital age.
We’re a team of 40 + strategists, developers, creators and dreamers from backgrounds spanning publishing, comms, content and tech. What connects us is that we all live and breathe digital. Some of the team are social media influencers in their own right. Culturally, you’ll find us at the digital edge of GIFs, memes and trending topics.
We hired 17 new faces over the last year – an increase in headcount of 85% – including Joe Goulcher as a Senior Creative, having previously worked at Rise at Seven, Saatchi & Saatchi and as head of content at Moonpig.com; Mark Shpungin as a Strategist, joining from That Lot; Ben Jones, who joined from LADbible Group to head up Coolr Studios – a social first production arm; and social media influencer Jay Beech joined as Creative Producer.
Winning on social
- Over the last 12 months, we’ve trended 12 times on Twitter for our clients!*
- We were named as an official creative marketing Partner to TikTok, partnering with the platform to make hundreds TikTok ads for 17 brands including Trainline, AGORA and Freetrade;*
- Coolr has always put creativity and sharing stories at the heart of what we do and it made creative and operational sense to build on our depth of experience in video and launch Coolr Studios. We’re seeing huge uptake from our clients for Coolr Studios’ skills and expertise.
2021 saw us move into new offices in the heart of Soho and while we love being back in the office for in-person ideation and creation, we have fully embraced a hybrid working model, allowing people to split their time between the office and home.
We introduced a range of new initiatives specifically to support people’s wellness – mind, body and soul:
● Wellbeing Days (take a day off and spend a £50 voucher on whatever wellbeing means to you);
● Access to an external mental health ‘first aider’ for private consultations
We also put in place a mix of financial incentives (Bike2Work Scheme; Techscheme and Travel Scheme) and fun initiatives, including an extra paid day off to celebrate your birthday in style, and weekly drinks.
We’re also proud to partner with charities on pro bono projects for the Follicular Lymphona Foundation and Steel Warriors
Video Content Campaign of the Year: Pepsi Global: Hero Fizz campaign
To launch Pepsi’s new global Hero Fizz campaign, we created a series of social films to bring the sounds of Pepsi to life:
- The first piggybacked on the ASMR trend to create a sound for lovers, released on Valentine’s Day
- The second took the form of a soundscape battle with UK-based Dapaah vs South Korean Beatbox sensation J-Cop and his crew
- The third saw Dapaah call on multilingual football legend Paul Pogba to translate the Pepsi rituals into other languages
Why does it stand out?
- Resulted in the most viewed post of all time
- Resulted in the most liked and second most liked Pepsi global post of all time
FMCG Content Campaign of the Year: Heineken #ShearGenius: Heineken or Haircut?
On the day that pubs and hairdressers re-opened in England after four months of lockdown, Heineken offered free haircuts in pub gardens across the nation. We installed mobile hairdressing units in pub gardens in London and the West Midlands, meaning that people didn’t have to choose between a refreshing pint or a much-needed trim.
- Amplified with social media campaign across Heineken channels
- Created a round up film of the London activity to ensure the campaign lived beyond a ‘moment’
- We landed coverage in key consumer and trade titles including The Telegraph, Glamour, Campaign and PR Week
Why does it stand out?
- #ShearGenius was named one of the most creative global campaigns by Contagious
Not-for-Profit/Charity Content Campaign of the Year: Quaker Oats: Magic Breakfast #FillABowl
To highlight Quaker Oats’ long-term partnership with Magic Breakfast, we launched #FillABowl.
- We teamed up with rapper-turned-activist Professor Green, who grew up with food poverty, and carried out third party research on the importance of breakfast on children’s learning
- We created a hero video, b-roll, photography and social assets to raise awareness of the partnership and additional breakfasts donated to Magic Breakfast
- Participated in a Twitter Trend Takeover to spread awareness of the campaign and drive social engagements
Why does it stand out?
- Social activity across organic and paid drove a total of 20m+ impressions
B2C Content Campaign of the Year: Walkers: Return of Prawn Cocktail Wotsits
Walkers Prawn Cocktail Wotsits were finally heading back to supermarket shelves! Fans of the legendary long-lost snack had been calling for its comeback since 2002 and, 20 years after they were last seen in stores, they were making a comeback.
But not just any comeback. A supersized comeback in the shape of Prawn Cocktail Wotsits Giants, twice the size of the originals. We needed an equally supersized campaign to build excitement in the week leading up to launch.
Why does it stand out?
- #wotsitsprawn trended at Number 3 on Twitter in the UK…on the very same day Storm Eunice blew into town and dominated headlines
Podcast/Audio Campaign of the Year: Deliveroo #SingYourDialect
Twitter’s new live audio conversations functionality, Spaces, took off in spectacular fashion on November 22nd last year when Jacob McLaughlin, an 18-year-old from Manchester, hosted a viral karaoke competition, Sing Your Dialect, from his bedroom. It broke the internet, with the link going viral and becoming one of the most talked about nights in Twitter’s history.
We decided the audience was a natural fit for Deliveroo. We quickly pitched our idea to the client and swiftly received sign off, including £250 credit to give away. We were off!
- George Brett, our Social Executive, was tasked with learning a rap to the iconic football anthem World in Motion in just a few hours
- As one of the sponsors of the England football team at the Euros, the song choice was bang on brand
- Waiting in his bedroom at 10pm that night, George (and the rest of team Coolr) was on tenterhooks to see if he was picked
- At its peak, more than 66,000 people tuned in, with big names including England midfielder Declan Rice (an unlikely rap sensation), YouTuber Chunkz and comedian Asim Chaudhry, best known for his role as Chabuddy G in People Just Do Nothing, all performing
- Finally George got the go ahead, and his bold and energetic rendition of the New Order classic was pitch perfect. But just as he was about to give the code for one lucky listener to win £250 Deliveroo vouchers, he was cut off…
- Twitter lit up with everyone desperate for the Deliveroo code!
We quickly switched our focus to Twitter to keep the conversation going and ended up as a trending topic!
And of course… Large Content Marketing Agency of the Year!
ON BEING SHORTLISTED
Adam Clyne, CEO & Founder said: “We are delighted to be nominated for the prestigious content awards. Content is the rocket fuel behind social media and we have invested significantly in our content, creator and influencer capabilities over the last 18 months”.